Visitation Rules & Information
- The “Visitor’s Log” is pulled 10 minutes prior to the start of every visitation time. Visitors are expected to sign in before the list is pulled.
- Before entering visitation, all coats, hats, bags and cell phones will be put with any other personal items and stored in a locker.
- After entering visitation, staff will collect any items used by a visitor to assist their mobility (i.e. cane, walker, etc.). These items will be returned when visitation is over.
- Visitors are not allowed to give residents anything (food, magazines, books, candy, letters, etc.) during visitation. Any type of contraband being passed will result in a loss of visitation privileges, and possible prosecution.
- Visitors will be denied the opportunity to visit if they appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Visiting rooms may be assigned in the event of any resident separations, otherwise room availability is on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- Visitors may be searched if detention staff have reason to believe they are in possession of weapons or contraband. Any visitor refusing to be searched will be denied visitation.
- Detention shift supervisors have the authority to veto or terminate visits of the visit compromises the safety and security of the facility.
- Children over the age of six will not be allowed entry. Parents cannot leave unattended children in the lobby area.
- No re-entry rights. If you leave your visit for any reason, you will not be able to return to the visitation area.
- Visitors may visit one hour per session, morning and evening.
Visitors will be asked to produce valid, picture identification before being allowed to visit. Accepted forms of identification are:
(1) Driver’s license
(2) State identification card
(4) Military identification card.
Visitors will be expected to store all personal items (including cell phones) in a locker, and will have to pass through a metal detector. Visitors carrying weapons of any kind will not be admitted. Smoking is not allowed, except in designated areas. Individuals who infringe upon the rights of others, abuse privileges, or compromise facility security may be limited or restricted in their contacts.
Visiting hours are:
Monday – Friday 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm & 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Weekends & Holidays 9:00 am to 10:00 am & 10:00 am to 11:00 am
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm & 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
By signing in on the “Visitor’s Log”, individuals are indicating that they understand and agree to abide by the visitation rules.
PIERCE COUNTY JUVENILE COURT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR STOLEN PROPERTY