Other Important Information
- Your marriage license is valid in Washington State.
- If either party is 17 years old, they must have parent's consent.
- A blood test or physical is not required in Washington State.
- A marriage license and marriage certificate are different documents. The marriage license permits a marriage to take place. The marriage certificate indicates that a legal marriage has been performed.
- If you have misplaced your marriage packet, you may obtain a duplicate packet for $6. Contact our office for more information (253) 798-7435.
Certified copies of Marriage Certificate
- Copies can be obtained in our office for $3 per copy.
- Include the names of the couple and date of marriage when requesting copies of certificates.
- You can come in person to the office for copies. There is approximately a one-week turnaround for mail-in requests.
- Note: Certificates are filed in the county in which they were purchased.
- Plain copies of certificates are $1.
- Five-year record search for certificates is $8; this fee applies to all marriage records prior to 1984.
- Search for Marriage License Records
Mail your request with the fee included to:
- Pierce County Auditor
2401 S. 35th St. Room 200
Attn: Marriage Records
Tacoma, WA 98409
Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, and other Vital Statistics are obtained through the Tacoma - Pierce County Health Department.