Marriage Ceremony Providers

Applying for a Marriage License

First, you should contact the Pierce County Auditor's Office at (253) 798-7435 for information on how to apply for your marriage / wedding license. A judge can perform the marriage / wedding three days after the date the license is issued.

Requesting a Judge

Contact district court judges at the following telephone numbers:
  • Hon. Claire Sussman
    Ph: (253) 798-6627
  • Hon. Franklin L. Dacca
    Ph: (253) 798-7712
  • Hon. James Heller
    Ph: (253) 798-7485
  • Hon. Judy Rae Jasprica
    Ph: (253) 798-3313
  • Hon. Karla E. Buttorff
    Ph: (253) 798-6332
  • Hon. Kevin A. McCann
    Ph: (253) 798-3314
  • Hon. Margaret Vail Ross
    Ph: (253) 798-3312

The Process

At the time you schedule your marriage / wedding, the judge will inform you of the fee for the service. The judge can perform the service three days after the date the license is issued. You must appear with two witnesses over the age of 18 years for the ceremony.

You may request a marriage appointment by using the District Court's automated information line. Call (253) 798-7474. Remember, this is only a request. The judge or judicial assistant will call to schedule your appointment.