Go To Search
Click to Home
Find a Department
How Do I
Reopening a Claim
Once an employee's claim has been closed by the Department of Labor and Industries, it can only be reopened directly through the employee's treating physician. The application to reopen claim due to worsening of condition must be completed by the physician and sent directly to the Department of Labor and Industries, as directed on the form.

Next Steps
If the Department of Labor and Industries allows the claim to be reopened, they will issue an order to Pierce County via the third-party administrator. Only after this order is received from Labor and Industries will the claim be reopened, and any subsequent treatment be covered.

For More Information
If you have further questions, please contact Pierce Risk Management at (253) 798-7462.