Get social with us on Facebook! We are creating fun virtual activities during the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order. Engage in fun topics and conversations with your friends and family:
- Have fun with cooking, crafting, and getting dressed up on “theme-days”
- Come along as we explore and discover interesting nature in your own backyard and community.
- Listen to some of your favorite stories read by some of your favorite Recreation Leaders!
You’re invited to share ideas, invite friends, laugh with us and spend some time in our inclusive group for all abilities. Let’s be super social - at home.
Our weekly Facebook Live adventure begins April 1, 2020 on our Specialized Recreation Facebook group. Tune in for fun activities to try.
Read about the program, including newsletters and an events calendar.
Browse information about the summer day camp designed for children and young adults with disabilities.
Summer camp specially designed for young adults ages 20-30 with disabilities
Club PIERCE provides enriching activities for young adults ages 20-30 years with special needs.
We will chat about a new topic and/or activity on Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. starting April 1, 2020. We encourage you to keep checking this page for a current activity schedule, supply lists, and forms relating to each adventure.
- April 1 - WE COOK! - Pizza Supply List | Pizza Instructions
- April 8 - Play BINGO - House Bingo Card | Nature Bingo Card
- April 15 - Do the Craft! - Craft Supplies List
- April 22 - Camping with Jen - Camping Supplies List & Instructions
- April 29 - Cooking: Making Desserts! - Sorbet Supplies & Ingredients | Sorbet Instructions
- May 6 - Bubbles & Chalk - Bubble Ingredients/Recipe
- May 13 - Reopened Park Tours & New Rules - Frontier Park
- Tune in on May 7 at 2:00 pm to tour Meridian Habitat Park
- Tune in on May 10 at 2:00 pm to tour South Hill Park
- May 20 - Air Fryer Desserts - Air Fryer Snacks Recipes | Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- May 27 - Gardening (No show on May 25, Memorial Day)
- June 3 - Homemade Face Masks - Mask types and instructions
- June 10 - Fun with Rockets
- Tune in on June 8 at 2:00 pm to check in our pumpkin seed growth and read a book about growing pumpkins
Jabber with Jen(n)
Get ready to Jabber with Jen Spane and Jenn Sergent! Each week they will talk with a special guest, asking questions submitted by members of the group in an interview style setting on our Specialized Recreation Facebook Group.
The weekly show will air on Fridays at 2:00 p.m. starting April 24, 2020.
- Friday, April 24 - Special guest Roxanne Castleman, Community Program Educator, from the Pierce County Department of Emergency Management shared with Jen on how to stay safe at home during COVID-19 and how to use 911.
- Friday, May 1 - Jenn Sergent will be interviewing Emily, who was a counselor at Camp Lots of Fun and who is now a member of the United States Air Force
- Friday, May 8 - Special guest Scott Hall, Deputy Director, from Pierce County Parks shared with Jen all things photography.
- Friday, May 15 - - Special guest Jenn Sergent, Recreation Coordinator with Pierce County Parks.
- Friday, May 22 - Special guests Meagan Hutton and Jeremy Acree from Pierce County TV.
- Friday, May 29 - Special guest Mark Richards from Pierce County Parks shared with Jen everything you need to know about ice bumper cars.