2019 Candidate Information
The Special 3 Day Filing Period has ended.
Online candidate filing opens Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 9:00 a.m. and closes at 4:00 p.m. on Aug. 15.
Be prepared to:
- Provide an email address and phone number.
- Use a campaign mailing address, phone number, and website address when you file for office. If you don’t, your voter registration address will be published online in the list of candidates who have filed.
Special 3 Day Filing Voters’ Pamphlet Information
After you file for office during this special filing period, you will have an opportunity to submit your statement and photo for the General Election Official Local Voters’ Pamphlet. If this information is not submitted online by 4:30 p.m. by Aug. 22, 2019, your statement and photo will not appear in the Voters’ Pamphlet.
PC or laptop use recommended.
Have your biography information, statement, and photo ready before you start the pamphlet submittal process.
1. Biography - Word limit - 100
The biographical information must be 100 words or less allocated between four subsection headings.
Biographical information should be organized in accordance with the four subsection headings listed below. Subsection headings are not included in the word count.
- Elected Experience.
- Other Professional Experience.
- Community Service.
2. Statement - Word limit - 200 (4 paragraphs allowed)
Each part of a hyphenated or slashed word will be counted as a separate word. (Example - "Around-the-corner" = 3 words)3. Photo
- You may submit one portrait photo - jpeg or .tiff (Head and shoulders) For best results use a light-colored background, (not white).
- Photos should be less than 1 MB, (If larger, photos take will take too long to load for the online guide.)
- Clothing or insignia that suggest holding a public office are not allowed (e.g., judicial robes, law enforcement or military uniforms).
- Color or black and white photo. (Color will be used in the online guide, and converted to black and white for the printed Local Voters' Pamphlet.)
Candidate photos from previous Local Voters’ Pamphlets are not available for reuse.
Candidates do have an option not to submit a photo or statement in the voters' pamphlet submittal area.
Need some ideas for your voters' pamphlet statement? Check out archived voters' pamphlets.