How to get a Transit Pass
Pierce Transit and other providers offer reduced bus fares for Senior Citizens who are 65 years old or older and to people who have a disability. Electronic "ORCA Cards" are passes that are good on a regional basis - including Pierce Transit. You must show a valid Regional Reduced Fare Permit when paying a reduced senior citizen fare. Permits are $3. Learn about the ORCA card.
Senior Citizen fares with a Regional Reduced Fare Permit
- Local - $0.75 (regularly $2)
- Seattle Express - $1.50 (regularly $3.50)
- 574 - Lakewood-SeaTac Airport Express - $1.50 (regularly $3.50)
- 586 - Tacoma-U District Express - $1.50 (regularly $3.50)
- Special Event service - no discount / regular fares apply
Where to get a Regional Reduced Fare Permit
If you are 65 or older, or have a doctor-verified disability, you may ride for a reduced fare. Regional Reduced Fare Permits (RRFP) are available at The Tacoma Dome Bus Shop. RRFP information and application form is available. Permits are $3. Bring proof of age, proof of disability (or a valid Medicare card).
The Bus Shop - Tacoma Dome Station
(Across the street from Freighhouse Square)
- 505 E. 25th St.
- Weekdays - 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Photo IDs (for Regional Reduced Fare Permits, etc.) are available here
- Link Light Rail lost and found is also located here. Items are held for 14 days.
- Information: (253) 581-8000 (Option 1)
- Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- No weekend service
- Pre-recorded information available all days/hours
- Toll-free (within western Washington State only): 1 (800) 562-8109
- Bus Information TDD for the hearing-impaired: (253) 582-7951
- Shuttle reservations: (253) 581-8000 (Option 2)
- Shuttle TDD for the hearing impaired: (253) 582-7963.
- Shuttle phone services available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily