Welcome to Pierce County, a rewarding place to live, work and raise a family!
We're excited you have decided to make Pierce County your employer of choice and we welcome you to our team. Your process of joining Pierce County begins here and continues with onboarding in Workday.
Our goal is to ensure you have the resources and support needed to be effective and engaged from the start.
This webpage provides information to prepare you for what you need to bring on your first day; and your benefits, pay, and leave as well as other information to help you make a smooth transition to your new career with Pierce County.
Please read through the corresponding tabs below.
- First Day at Worksite
- Prior to New Employee Orientation (NEO)
- New Employee Orientation (NEO)
- Benefit Options
- Benefit Forms due (30 days)
- Due within 90 days
- Elected Official Retirement Info
1. Report to your designated office location (in person or remotely).
2. For identification and I-9 requirements, choose from the list of acceptable documents to bring with you.
- One document from List A, or
- One document from List B and one document from List C.
You should be receiving a schedule for your New Employee Orientation (NEO) date. If you do not receive a date, contact PCHUMANRESOURCES@piercecountywa.gov.
1. We recommend you familiarize yourself with Pierce County's *Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) plans so you are prepared to ask questions.
*You have 90 days to select your plan; if you do not make a selection it will default to PERS2. If you are already in DRS, your plan will remain in effect.
2. Employees have the option to participate in a choice of deferred compensation plans (pretax and Roth post-tax options) that allow you to invest in your retirement now.
3. You can learn about more benefits available to county employees.
Pierce County provides *comprehensive benefits to eligible employees, their dependents, and eligible retirees through the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) and Washington Teamsters Welfare Trust (WTWT) benefit programs.
Get a head start by exploring the Benefits page now. Explore plans available for PEBB and Teamsters, including:
- Plans available
- Enrollment forms
- Dependent eligibility
- Medical & dental
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- Short term disability
- Flexible spending arrangement
- Health savings account (for high deductible plans only)
All other benefits enrollment is done in Workday.
For benefits questions contact Jessie Matsch, Benefits specialist at email@example.com or 253-798-7479. Or the Benefits Office at PCBenefits@piercecountywa.gov or 253-798-7462.