May 27, 2020
ADRC Community Forum
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
ADRC partners share information, resources, services and programs of assistance to older adults and individuals with disabilities. Each meeting includes a special focus.
1. Introductions & Updates
A quick go-round for each person online.
Introduce yourself & what’s new and exciting
2. Standing Agenda Item: Pierce County Accessible Communities Advisory Committee
The Pierce County Accessible Communities Advisory Committee (ACAC) was formed through expansion of the PC Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee. The ACAC will advise policy makers on the needs of people with disabilities on transportation and several other disability-centered accessibility issues.
3. The Friendly Communities Movement (Maria Holt, Wendy Morris, Lutheran Community Services)
Leaders throughout our area recognize the value of being welcoming communities. In 2016 Puyallup became the first AARP Age-Friendly Community. Earlier this year Tacoma became a part of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities. LCSNW is now working to develop Dementia-Friendly Communities. Others are pushing for Disability-Friendly Communities. Hear what LCS is doing and how their work can be expanded to make every community in Pierce County both welcoming and accessible.
4. Social Security Disability Presentation
July 13 we will be hosting a free public presentation on Social Security Disability from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Planning update for online event.
5. Updates on ADRC Activities & Opportunities
6. Additional Announcements & Networking Among Partners (9:40 – 9:45 a.m.)