Tuesday, April 22 Election Day
8:15 p.m. (includes ballots processed through Election Day)
9:30 p.m. (includes voting center results)
Wednesday, April 23, 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 24, 4 p.m.
Friday, April 25, 4 p.m.
Tuesday, April 29, 4 p.m.
Thursday, May 1, 4 p.m.
Friday, May 2, 4 p.m.
Monday, May 5, 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, May 6, 12 p.m. (final results)
Results are unofficial until election certification. Schedule is subject to change dependent on volume of ballots. Times are approximate.
What’s on the ballot?
Metropolitan Park District of Tacoma – Proposition No. 1
• Neighborhood Parks & Zoo Improvements and Safety Upgrades General Obligation Bonds - $198,000,000
• Park District includes all of City of Tacoma, as well as areas of Browns Point and Dash Point
• Project Map (From Metropolitan Park District of Tacoma website)
• The bond proposition must receive 17,290 total votes to validate, plus a 60% favorable majority.
• To learn more see Understanding Validation on our website.
• One first class stamp (49 cents) is required to return the ballot.
• Ballot must be postmarked on or before April 22, 2014.
• Return your ballot early. Don’t wait!
Ballot Drop Boxes
• Open 24/7 until 8 p.m. on April 22.
• Eleven drop boxes are open for this election.
• No stamp is required.
• Locations on our website: www.piercecountyelections.org
• Two voting centers are open.
• Pierce County Elections Center, 2501 S 35th St. Suite C, Tacoma
• TACID (Tacoma Area Coalition of Individuals with Disabilities) 6315 S 19th St., Tacoma
• Open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day.
• Services provided:
- Accessible voting using a touch screen machine.
- Provisional ballots.
- Voter assistance.
Canvassing Board Meeting – Voter Intent May 2 10 a.m. to Noon.
Canvassing Board Meeting – Certification May 6 11 a.m.
Total Registered Voters (in this election) 104,538.
Expected Turnout 30% or approximately 31,000 ballots.
Julie Anderson, Pierce County Auditor
253-798-3189 or 253-318-0493 (cell)
Mike Rooney, Elections Manager
253-798-2148 or 253-948-7547 (cell)
Pierce County Elections
253-798-VOTE (8683) or 800-446-4979